We are pleased to launch our new Fitness facilities at Mountain View. These facilities are available to all the Mountain View Community – those employed by businesses on site and those who are members of the Mountain View Membership Scheme.
The facilities currently consist of:
- Warm-up Area with mats
- Rest Area with seating
- Rowing Machine - The Concept 2 model D rower has 10 difficulty setting and can give you feedback on distance, speed, time, power and calories burned.
- Treadmill - The Impulse RT500 treadmill is easy to use for all abilities. It has a speed range from 0.5 – 12 mph and has 12 pre-set workouts. During your workout it can give you feedback on your time, how many steps you’ve taken, distance travelled and calories burned.
- Fresh Drinking Water and Bottle-Filling station (please avoid using single-use plastic bottles at Mountain View)
- Shower Facilities (please provide your own soap, towel etc)
Your wellbeing is a primary concern, so it is important that you understand the correct use of the equipment provided. Please read the following documents, and return your signed “Fitness & Health Facilities - Conditions of Use” acknowledgement to Lindsey or to Jonathan before using the fitness facilities.
- Instructions for use of Rowing Machine
- Instructions for use of Treadmill
- Fitness & Health Facilities - Conditions of Use
Staff and Recreational Facilities
Recognising that teamwork, social events and company culture are vital to happiness at work we are always looking at how to add value to the wellbeing and morale of our employees and community members. We work hard to create platforms and activities where staff and members can share experiences to create a community that interacts, supports and helps one another.
The facilities currently consist of:
- Babbage’s Bistro – our onsite catering facility
- Dedicated fitness facilities
- Recreational areas, including pool, table tennis and other table games
- Showers on site
- Large Commercial kitchen
- Lots of green space with wonderful open views to the hills.
MVIC encourages employees and community members to invite their families to share this space at mealtimes and for family events.
With no fewer than five separate high bandwidth internet connections across two major telecommunications suppliers in addition to two 4G cellular telephone aerials on site, plus site-wide wireless internet access, connectivity is assured. Needless to say, interconnectivity throughout the estate is diversely routed.
Vehicle parking is not an issue at Mountain View – with space for over 300 vehicles on first-class roads, car-parks and large-vehicle stands. If you want to arrive by helicopter – no problem, there’s plenty of space to land!
Electric Vehicle Charging Points
Mountain View hosts six 22kW charging units, of which four are available for public use during normal working hours and two are reserved for the Mountain View EV Fleet. In addition, up to 13 standard 16amp units are also available for vehicle charging and for access to power by other mobile units – such as motor-homes or catering facilities. As we prioritise energy generated by our 126kV Solar Photovoltaic Array wherever possible, by charging your car at Mountain View you can say, at least in part, to be “Powered by the Sun at Mountain View”.
Mountain View is one of the greenest working spaces in the world. Our 126kV Solar Photovoltaic Array generates over 600 kWH of power each day – well beyond our actual usage. Even if the clouds roll-in, lots of power is still generated.
Overnight and on really dull days power provision is well secured with two separate connections to the Manx National Grid, linked to the on-site sub-station and transformer gear. Our three-phase 128 kW self-start emergency generator has enough fuel to run for a week and protects our power supply through a dedicated control room – with separate feeds to the data centre.
Our high-capacity water supply comes via its own direct main from the main distribution network – and our modern Bio-Disk sewage system ensure proper treatment of wastes before they’re released harmlessly into the environment.